The total area is 45,280 hectares
● Distance to Kyiv – 603 km, to the nearest regional center (Mykolaiv) by road – 70 km.● Distance to the Black Sea coast is 100 km● main railways: Mykolaiv – Kherson - Dzhankoy, Kherson – Snigurivka – Apostolove, Snigurivka – Kakhovka – Novovesela● motorways of international importance: M-14 (Odesa – Melitopol – Novoazovsk (in the city of Taganrog), M-17 (Kherson – Dzhankoy – Feodosia – Kerch) and M-18 (Kharkiv – Simferopol – Alushta – Yalta)● transport corridors: Euro - Asian (Kherson - Krasnoperekopsk - Simferopol) and Black Sea EC (Odesa - Melitopol - Novoazovsk)
20.4% of the Kherson urban territorial community are wetlands (Dnieper floodplains)
10.5% is covered with steppe herbaceous vegetation
about 7% are the surfaces of water bodies
2% is covered by forests
community land, ha:
Agricultural lands consist of:
● in private ownership – 15,992 ha;
● in state ownership - 2,102 ha;
● in communal ownership - 2,742 ha;
● in use by individuals and legal entities – 250 ha
● not transferred into ownership or use - 400 ha
The community owns 435 hectares of non-functioning plants. The community is considering attracting investors for reconstruction.
Land plots for the construction of a new residential microdistrict, with an area of 38.7 hectares.
Logistics storage complexes for vegetable and fruit keeping with the possibility of primary processing of products and deep freezing are relevant for investments.
The percentage of working-age population
Economic and Social Development Program of Kherson City Territorial Community for 2022
The key objectives of the Program are:
establishment of a sustainable, competitive Kherson City Territorial Community
efficient exploitation of the internal potential of the Kherson Community to ensure its sustainable development
to increase the level of well-being and revenues of citizens by achieving social, humanitarian, economic, ecological and spatial cohesion
The Dniprovski Plavni - is a place for active recreation on kayaks and sup boards. Pleasure crafts and yachts allow visitors to enjoy the beauty of the Dniprovski Plavni.
Recreation centers for both fishing fans and family vacations are located on the Dnipro banks, with comfortable hotel rooms, swimming pools, and restaurants (currently, almost all the recreation facilities have been destroyed).
By Presidential Decree, the Nizhniodniprovskyi National Nature Park was created , which includes the Dniprovski Plavni.
On February 3, 2023 1,528 buildings were damaged and destroyed, the estimated value of which has not been determined due to the impossibility of carrying out an expert assessment of the damage (the objects are located in the immediate zone of shelling, and there is no access to apartments in high-rise buildings and private households due to the absence of property owners)
Destroyed and damaged:
Kherson city territorial community requires your help and support in reconstruction
Mrochko Roman Mykolayovych